Saturday, August 30, 2008

One additional post

This additional post is completely beyond my plan. The reason I write it is as the following: I accidently publish a empty post and I don't know how to delete it. Therefore, rather than leave it blank, I just try to fill it with some words.

Now what am I going to say in the next few lines? Let me see... since it is now 3 o'clock in the mid-night, let's say something about "Dream".

Everyone on the earth has dreams, no matter you are somebody or nobody. The prominent American civil rights movement leader, Martin Luther King, mentioned about his dreams in a publich speech :"I have a dream... I have a dream... I have a dream... " Obviously he got so many dreams. However, the problem is, which dreams come true at the end?

Of course, having dreams is good. But don't you think we should put more emphasis on how to make them true?

In the Will Smith casted movie "The Pursuit of Happiness", the father talk to the son with the following words: "Don't let somebody else tell you: you can't do something, not even me, all right? you've got a dream, you've got to protect it. People can't do something themselves they want to tell you: you can't do it. You want something, go get it."

Yes exactly, I cannot agree more. We need to firstly set our dreams, and then protect them. In school, every book we read, every question we solve, and even every single defination or formula we learn, is indicating that we are taking further steps and are probably closer to our dreams. Therefore, don't ignore the little things we do in our daily lives. Don't think doing these is less significant than having a great dream. With these efforts, we are actually moving forward.

Well, maybe I talked too much. It is more than few lines already...Fine, that's all for this post, and good night to everyone.

1 comment:

Joo Soon said...

I couldn't agree more about putting more emphasis in making them true. Daring to dream is an excellent thing and it takes great amount of courage. Putting more emphasis on making it real takes even greater courage. Why do I think so?

Personally I would think that a dream which we want to make real would be an idealistc dream. To visualize such a beautiful scenario in our realistic world is going to be tough. Making them real is only going to be tougher as you not only would have to face obstacles due to the ideal nature of our dream, we would have to bear and face criticism from the people around us and also face the stumbling block of complacency from within. However, more importantly than those would be that the burden would not just be on ourselves but on our loved ones as well. While we may stand strong in face of such adversity, the mental pressure of putting our loved ones through such a burden could be a burden harder to bear. Thus it would take a great amount of courage and also support to make this dream real.

Martin Luther King succeeded not only with his dream but also courage against the criticism and opposition against him and his loved ones. Ghandi did so as well. Lance Armstrong dreamt of winning the Tour De France and succeeded by picking himself up and overcoming cancer. Michael Phelps endured a childhood of a broken family and has come a long way with great courage to win the 8 olympic golds in Beijing 2008.

" They can try hard, hard to make me feel that I don't matter at all but I refuse to fall, doing what I believe"
Mariah Carey - Can't Take That Away